When we speak to soccer coaches, one of the regular topics we get asked about is how to produce really great training sessions. Ultimately, every coach at every level just wants to help their players to reach the next level and to get at least a little bit of enjoyment from seeing them get there.
I remember in my early coaching days, I would get the train to the location where the session took place and I’d be reading through some coaching manuals and finding some exercises that the players would love. It was easy as that, or so I thoughts, and then I wondered why some of the sessions didn’t go as well, and why the players weren’t really improving.
I then realised that I wasn’t coaching them at all.
Having a great coaching session is more than just throwing together a few exercises and letting the players get on with it. You have to consider the needs of the players, the environment in which the session takes place, the players you have available and the time you have to coach them. You also need to consider the coaching points you want to make and how you are going to get the points across in the most effective way.
That’s why we’ve put together this short course on creating great soccer training sessions. Split into three modules, focusing on preparing, delivering and reviewing your sessions, the course will enable you to:
- Improve your players, not only technically and tactically, but mentally, socially and physically.
- Develop you as a coach, so that in your next session you are a better coach, and the same for the one after that.
- Help your sessions to run like clockwork, so your players never get bored, cold or switch off.
- Set up a safe environment for players to learn in.
- Get the buy-in from other coaches, helpers and parents.
- Create an enjoyable learning environment for your players, so they will be excited and looking forward to the next session.
Simply sign-up for the course by filling in the details below, and we will send the course direct to your inbox.